This one-day face-to-face interactive workshop is ideal for students, staff and industry researchers across all levels, with the aim to support those who wish to conduct postgraduate and PhD level research.
Participants will have several opportunities to gain practical experience through role-playing. Your own recordings will be made available to you at the end of the session.
DATE: 13th OCTOBER 2017
SITE: Kedleston Road Campus. Registration will be in the main foyer in the atrium, opposite reception.
MINIMUM NUMBER: 10
QUALIFICATION RECD: N/A
Through a combination of lecture-based, role-playing and problem-based learning, the day will cover:
- Establishing the aims of the interview
- Interviewing for different purposes and some common qualitative analyses.
- Rating the quality of a pre-recorded interview
- Getting warmed up
- During the interview/ Hallmarks of an excellent interview
- Memo keeping / the paper trail - what is it good for?
- Your identity as interviewer
- Opportunities to network with other participants and the tutors.
Handouts will be provided to participants.
The workshop will be faciliated by Dr Gulcan Garip and Dr Fiona Holland.
***BRING YOUR LUNCH OR USE THE CAFES ON SITE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF DERBY***